Georgia TeenWork Internship Program
“Leading youth to success through employment training and career opportunities”
The Georgia TeenWork Internship Program (GTIP) is administered through the Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) and is designed to ensure that Georgia's foster youth are equipped with the skills and opportunities necessary to enable them to mature into well-balanced and self-sufficient members of society.
The Georgia TeenWork Internship Program (GTIP) is an opportunity for Georgia's foster care youth 15 - 17 years of age to participate in valuable career preparatory opportunities (training and work experience) within their communities. The program provides valuable training and career preparatory opportunities with local businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
Georgia TeenWork Internship Program Goals:
- Provide youth in foster care with career preparatory training.
- Provide youth in foster care with meaningful workplace skills and internship opportunities.
- Engage Georgia’s business communities, non-profit organizations and governmental agencies in mutually beneficial partnerships which establish valuable and safe work environments for GTIP participants.
Who Is Eligible for Georgia TeenWork?
In order to be eligible for TeenWork you must:
- Reside in the state of Georgia with a valid photo ID
- Are 16 to 17 years old
- Are available to work a maximum of 25 – 30 hours a week
- Youth currently in foster care and in custody of DFCS
Why Is Youth Job Training Important?
- The Georgia TeenWork Internship Program is a resource established to help promote positive youth development. The program strives to provide a sense of independence and valuable work experience for participating youth.
- Through statewide collaborations with our sister agencies, private companies, non-profit organizations, faith- based organizations and institutions of higher learning, the program promotes future success for Georgia’s foster youth.
To learn more:
Crystal Culver, M.A - Program Manager
Contact: (404) 463 - 7288
Thank you for your interest in Georgia TeenWork.